Part I Vocabulary and structure (1×40)
Directions: There are 40 incomplete sentences in this part. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentences, and then write the choice on the Answer Sheet.
- Jane hadn’t been to London before. had her husband.
- Neither B. Either C. So D. Or
- No sooner had he arrived in Romehe heard of the good news.
- when B. than C. then D.until
- I’m for the suggestion that a special boardto examine the problem.
- be set up B. will be set upC.must be set up D.has to be set up
- The disabled children need many things,but ,they need love.
- first of all B.not at all C.after all D.all in all
- The coal industry in the north of China is now barely half its
- formal B.former C.latter D.later
- The football player is hoping toto another team soon.
- transfer B.transport C.transplant D.transact
- the garden, the old man went to have a rest.
- Having been watered B. Watering
- Having watered D. Being watered
- 8.Her to the job left her with very little free time.
- devotion B.faith C.trust D.interest
- The children have beensince their father left.
A.out of style B.under control C.out of control D.in style
- It is reported great changes have been madewith the application of the new policy.
A.which B. that C. while D.what
- The manager promised to keep me of how the project was going on.
- be informed B. informed C. inform D.informing
- He announced that the company had been transferred to city.
- another B. others C. the other D.one another
- A great cheer went up from the crowd as they caught of the hero.
- vision B. view C. sight D.glance
- Physics my favorite subject when I studied in the university.
- were B.was C.is D.are
- we can succeed or not depends on how well we cooperate with others.
- Then B. Thus C. What D. Whether
- I will lend you the bookyou return it to me in time.
- on condition that B. in case C. in order that D. so that
- Mr.Brown is supposed to for Italy last month.
- be leaving B.have left C.leave D.have been left
- -Did you enjoy the TV program last night?
- particularly B.obviously C.surprisingly D.normally
- We are disappointed yesterday because it wasn’t such a good dinnershe had promised us.
- like B．as C. which D.what
- She walked along the path, her daughter close behind.
- following B. follow C. to follow D. was followed
- She insisted that the seatsin the theater in advance to insure a better view.
- booked B. be booked C. are booked D. were to book
- We are sometimesof selfishness in our lives,though we are mostly generous in personality.
- miserable B. greedy C. guilty D. sorry
- The teacher doesn’t allow his students on the exam.
- cheated B.cheating C. cheat D. to cheat
- There is a lot of evidenceto much stress is partly responsible for the disease.
- what B. which C. as D.that
- “ everyone’s here, ” she said, “let’s begin to discuss the solution to the problems we have found. ”
- As far as B. Now that C. So far D.By far
- Most computer users are threat from computer viruses.
- within B. upon C. towards D.under
- No matter how , it’s impossible that he has never lost money.
- a businessman smart is B. a businessman is smart
- smart is a businessman D. smart a businessman is
- Davidtold the truth to annoy her,and she was angry for being betrayed by her good friend.
- on purpose B.in need C. in detail D.at all
29.The classroom is quite clean some waste paper on the floor.
- Except for B.besides C.except D.without
30.The bad weather the building program by several weeks.
- went on B.put on C.set back D.built up
- They naturally hope that their choice of the play will be ______ with the school and parents.
- pleasing B. welcome C. kind D. popular
- These two pictures are so ____ that it’s very difficult to tell them apart.
- exact B. familiar C. likely D. similar